It is cold and we have some snow on the ground but here at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children we have begun planning for the 2017 Ride for Missing Children. My name is David John and I am the Committee Chair for the ride. Our committee has contacted schools, we have created a ‘draft’ route and we are excited as we plan the ride for Friday, May 19th
Registration is open and more details can be found on the website: http://ride.missingkids.com/rochester. Take the time today to sign up.
We have had some questions about the ride and as a committee we have made some changes. Here are a few examples of the frequent questions we have seen:
Do you have a shorter option other than 100 Miles?
· Yes, sign up for 50 miles. If during the day you would like to change your mind and continue to 100, just let us know.
Where will the 2017 ride take us?
· Our route this year will focus on the west side of Rochester. We will ride through Gates, Spencerport, Henrietta, Chili, Hilton, Greece and the city of Rochester. We have some new schools involved this year and some exciting potential ride-bys.
Is there a registration fee?
· Yes. New for 2017, a $25 registration fee ensures your place in the ride and will go toward your ride pledge.
How can I raise $300? It is so hard.
· I really believe that each person should make a donation to the cause on their personal fundraising page. I have chosen to donate $100. Making a donation shows others that you are invested in the ride. Then reach out on social media, at work and to family. Let people know that this is one event that you believe in. Also check with your company to see if they do matching gifts.
How can I meet other riders?
· Come to the Rider Social at Schramrocks Irish Pub in Henrietta. Bring a friend. Have a snack and a drink. Meet other riders and learn about the 2017 ride. The date is March 9th at 5:30 PM.
When will Orientation Rides begin?
· The rides with Shepherds will begin in April. New riders must complete two orientation rides. I encourage all riders to attend at least one.
How can my company support the ride?
· There a many sponsorship levels available that include complimentary riders. We are also looking for in-kind donations of food & beverage to fuel the riders throughout the day.
Thank you for your support!
David John (Ride Committee Chair)