Our facilities have changed a great deal over the years. The original Henrietta Volunteer Ambulance base was briefly at 3019 East Henrietta Rd, (view photos) before locating to 280 Calkins Rd in 1964 (where we’re still located today) (view photos) The original base was a private residence that was converted into a functional facility to house the volunteers and vehicles that served the community at the time. Over the following 40+ years, our agency grew and we simply needed more space.
After much planning and securing of financial resources, we began the process to build a new base which opened to the public on September 18, 2004.
The new base is located behind where our old base used to be. (view photos) It’s a state-of-the-art 11,000 square foot facility that features:
- 5 garage bays, housing 10 vehicles
- Ample storage rooms for EMS supplies, oxygen, quartermaster, laundry, HVAC and vehicle maintenance
- Atrium lobby with display cases for historical items & other memorabilia
- Communications Center, housing communications center and crew work quarters
- Living room with vaulted ceilings
- Outdoor patio
- Kitchen & dining areas
- 8 offices for administrative & operations staff
- Executive board room
- Locker room
- Workout room
- Loan closet
- Walk-in treatment room
- Sleeping quarters, 5 bedrooms, sleeps 9
Completely renovated in 2009, our Training Center features 2,800 of space including a large training/meeting room that seats 48 people with a built-in overhead sound system and large-scale projector. Two additional rooms are available for smaller classes or meetings, each with a flat panel TV and A/V equipment. (view photos)
Our “Simulation Room” features an ALS Simulator mannequin that allows for real-life training scenarios for EMS and other medical professionals. View more details about our Training Center facility.